how to apply for financial aid
Hiwassee College will provide competitive financial aid packages for all continuing and new students.
Following determination of the student’s applicable tuition, fees, room, and board, Hiwassee College will, for the students in the on campus program:
- Provide institutional aid as appropriate and available
- The student/family will bear responsibility for the balance of obligations not covered by financial aid (this is the same as for any other institution.) Hiwassee will work with families to identify other payment options.
- Arrangements for paying all obligations must be in place with the Business Office by the first day of classes each semester.
Financial assistance is available to help you finance your education. It can help you pay for the costs of attending Hiwassee including tuition and fees, books, and other costs (room, board, and personal costs). Most Hiwassee students receive some type of financial aid, so we encourage you to apply today!
How to apply:
- Apply for a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov. If you are unmarried or not yet 24 years of age, a parent will also need to apply for a PIN.
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.gov. When completing the FAFSA online, be sure to list Hiwassee College in the “schools information section.” Hiwassee’s code is 003494. Once we have received your FAFSA, you will be notified of any additional requirements.
- Complete the Entrance Counseling & Master Promissory Note for Subsidized & Unsubsidized Loans. The website for this is studentloans.gov. You will need the FAFSA Pin # (created in Step 1) to complete this.
- Respond to any correspondence from Hiwassee College. As a result of your FAFSA, we may require additional information before we can complete your financial aid award.