Hiwassee College Technology Resources
- To get help from IT if you have an issue you can
Call IT at 423-420-1229
E-mail IT at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open a trouble ticket by clicking on: Hiwassee Help Desk
Or you can just drop by. IT is right next door to the Business Office.
IT can help you with software issues, Internet connections, E-Mail, and Cable TV. To get help to fix a hardware issue, such as broken USB ports or a cracked screen, we suggest you utilize your warranty on your computer or you can go to a local repair shop. See Below for a recommended shop.
PC Repair, 2903 Highway 411 Madisonville, (423)-442-1825
- There are also free resources you can use on your personal computer
- Free Microsoft Office
- You will need to use your Hiwassee College e-mail address.
- You may need to uninstall the previous version of Microsoft Office on your computer. If you need help, then come see IT.
- You may also need to install a particular type of office; the default is 32 bit. Some computers require 64 bit, again come see IT if you need help.
- Free Antivirus
- Adobe Reader for .PDF files
- Google App Sync – Allows you to use Microsoft Outlook with your G-mail address
- Free Screen Capture tool
- Recuva – Software for recovering lost or accidentally deleted data
- Defraggler – Software that helps defragment your hard drive
- Last Pass 4.0 – A password manager that is free to help keep you safe
- Important Notices